Upgraded to 7.5, now getting -519 errors

scottvin

I just upgraded my server to 7.5 and two clients (to test). I go to Configure -> Clients and click on the client I upgraded and get the following most of the time: Sorry, couldn't connect to HOSTNAME, -519 (network communication failed) and I get the -541 error sometimes and then sometimes I get the information for the client. I did absolutely NOTHING else except upgrade to 7.5 from 7.0. I never got these errors with 7.0.

Any ideas?

I've had the same problems. Upgraded the server to 7.5 from 7.0 and have been having nothing but problems with the windows clients 7.0 and 7.5. Although Mac clients are fine.

When the machine first starts it's fine. I can refresh the client properties page on the server and it connects ok. Same if I go to the UIR from the client. Although over time the client dies and all I get is -519 or -541 errors from the server trying to access the client. Same for win2k, WinXP and Win2k3 clients. Although if I just restart the retrospect service on the client it's fine again for a while.

All clients are using Broadcast for location and always have. Tried the 'test' button in the add cleint dialog box with an ip from a failed cleint and I get the same -519 or -541 error. so changing the location method likely won't make a difference.

Please advise...

ok in the log file it has:

+ Normal backup using Proactive PC Client Backup at 02/22/2006 10:22 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Backup Set PC Backup Disk 1...

Can't access volume Documents and Settings on gx150-1-Cathy, error -519 (network communication failed)

02/22/2006 10:26:54 AM: Execution incomplete

Total duration: 00:00:04

which I assume means that the client was working ok when it first polled it? could be wrong...

When I look at the client everything looks fine. It's On and says 'Ready'

at this pioint if I try to connect to the client it gives a -541 error

If I turn the client off the on again through the client app it makes no difference. still get a -541 error

If I restart the "Retrospect client service' It then works Ok again. But fails again latter in the day.

• 4 weeks later...

After upgrading to 7.5 on the host and clients, we are also having the same issues with our Windows workstations. I also used the default multicast method to upgrade the clients. They will work fine, and then just stop working. If I restart the Retro client service on the offending machine, it will work again for a while... frown.gif

Jason

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up a dead topic but I've been having these errors (-519 & -541) on a handful of clients intermittently since upgrading to 7.5. I've worked with EMC technical support on the issue but haven't been able to find a solid solution. I wiped out my configuration and rebuilt the system which caused it to work for about 2 days before things started going south again. Has any body found a solution to this issue?

Remote backup works until comparing, then after a few files, it stops (-519).

On the client PC even Winamp stops playing an internet stream (every time).

Server 7.5.285 , Client 7.5.116, Server SBS 2003 SP1, Clients XP Pro SP2

Quote:

Remote backup works until comparing, then after a few files, it stops (-519).

On the client PC even Winamp stops playing an internet stream (every time).

Server 7.5.285 , Client 7.5.116, Server SBS 2003 SP1, Clients XP Pro SP2

It seems as your Network Interface Card can't take the strain and loses the connection entirely. Try the latest drivers for the card from the verdor's web site. If that doesn't help, buy a new card.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After investigating the Retrospect -519 error on a Mac OS X client, I sucessfully solved this problem by deleting the contents of the trash. Turns out, some of the files located in the trash were still in use by iTunes. After completely deleting the contents of the trash--the -519 resolved and I was able to successfully back up the client.

Archived