Retrospect Express 6,0

Hello,

I've just finished install Retro express 6.0.195 that came with an Iomega 160 GB desktop Firewire external hard drive. After installation, I am unable to open / run for the same error message: "Retrospect has quit unexpectedly"

I working with an Intel iMac, 1 G memory. Is this an Intel compatibility issue? Is it a matter of updating Retro express with recent update? Any help would be appreciated.

ts

• 2 months later...

Hi Nate,

I have Retrospect Express 6.0.212 on an eMac and have been using it to do regular back-ups.

The 6.1 version on the page for back-ups is Retrospect not Express and when I installed it I was asked for the registration code and I used my current code from 6.0 and that is not accepted?

The original Retrospect Express was supplied with the OWC external HD. Do I have to go back to OWC to get the upgrade?

TIA, Charlie

• 9 months later...

Well, it seems to me that there is a problem with license codes... I have read through these forums regarding the upgrade from Express 6.0 to 6.1 running tiger, and all I have seen was to remove everything (software wise dealing with retrospect) then to install from original REX cd, then upgrade to the 6.1 version of macintosh express, and it should work.

Been there, done that, all. It still asks for a license code after I upgraded to the 6.1 version. No work around. I have seen reference to a file called "Maxtor_Tiger_fix.dmg", but it is no longer available on your web site.

Now what?

• 1 month later...