Selector question - How can this be done?

Hi.

I have a file on 3 computers accross the network (the main computer and 2 clients). How should I setup a selector that only the file on the local computer is backed up (the same file is located on all 3 computers withe exactly the same path)?

Presently, I exclude the 2 clients. The file I would like to backup is "C:\foo.bar" (as an example).

- Path exactly matches C:\foo.bar

- Client name does not exactly match NEWYORK

- Client name does not exactly match LASVEGAS

How can I tell the selector to include the local file only without excluding the 2 clients? The way I have it now is not very convinient sice the clients on the LAN change frequently. As soon as a new client is added to the LAN, I have to add an xclusion line for this client in the selector.

How can I tell a selector to backup only the local file instead of excluding all others (clients).

Many thanks.

It may be simplest to just create a script for the local computer and another script for the client computers. Use a different selector in each script.

Both scripts can use basically the same schedules and same destinations. Just make sure both scripts done do "recycle" backups, just one of them.

This will allow you to add new clients to the client script without editing the selector each time.

Archived