which SCSI card you guys use on OS X?

I just updated the G3 B&W OS 9.2 with Quantum SuperDLT tape drive into G4 OS 10.4.6 with Quantum SuperDLT tape drive

but then the SCSI card of the B&W, which is Adaptec 2940U2W, does not work on my machine, it freeze everytime it starts to backup. then i switch to Adaptec 29160, i am able to backup now, but the drive doesn't rescan if i insert another tape. i need to restart the machine inorder to rescan the new tape.

I am wonder which card you guys use so i can buy a same one to use.

Thank you

That's not currently true, the Adaptec PowerDomain 29160N is working on my G5 here with OS X 10.3.9. If your Adaptec does not have the "N" in its serial and also must be PowerDomain, it will not work with Mac. That's really important before getting a card in, to verify these things or it won't work. A straight 29160 will NOT work. Atto is a good card too, they have always beenb a solid Raid controller and SCSI for Mac, their software is good for RAID too.

Quote:

That's not currently true

Yes it is.

> the Adaptec PowerDomain 29160N is working on my G5 here with OS X 10.3.9

Excellent. Your unsupported card is working in your configuration.

Doesn't change the fact that your hardware isn't qualified to work with either your operating system or with Retrospect.

i run osx 10.3.9 and have a SCSI ADAPTEC 2940 card which is attached to a Benchmark/Quantum DLT1e . I have retrospect 6.1 and everything is fine while i setup the archive but then when i hit backup, retrospect starts to do its thing and as it completes the 1st file (out of 6 as a test) the computer hangs/freezes. The display of retrospect shows that 1 file was completed and 5 more to go. But the computer is frozen. I have 2 scsi harddrives attached to the same card internally and they work with no problems. Is it a retrospect issue here or what do you think? Is my card just unsupported? because i cant find much on retrospect and my scsi card.

go to attotech.com and find info there. Much better support for Mac. I too have an Adaptec card that works fine for internal hard drive but not for Quantum DLT device. Also, and this is very important, get the latest Retrospect Driver! You can download from the EMC Support page.

Archived