Retrospect Coffin Nail

I thought I would give Retrospect another try,  I used it years ago on an early PPC machine using a tape drive.  It was wonderful for years.  Saved my data several times. Then sometime after version 6 thing got very unreliable and I moved on.

I like a lot of what the current version should be able to do for me and thought I would give it another try.

On my Mac Pro (2013) running macOS 10.14.6, the 18.1.1.120 installer, installs a single file /Library/Application Support/Retropect/configs.xml and quits.  No app.  No login items.  No launchd  .plists. No console messages. Nothing.

I don't have time to debug what should be a VERY reliable app, it is for backups after all.  At least failing quick saves me time and I appreciate that at least.

I'm sorry to be moving on for good.

Nope!  Nothing, I figure the installer is crashing but can't find any evidence of that either.  I am running the installer from a standard account.

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh and I know this stuff with the current Apple is a real pain.  I wanted you to know about my experience so you can avoid loosing other customers over this issue.