Waiting for Media Error

I am using Express 6.5.319 and I have a set of tapes and a backup set to start daily at 10pm. My problem is that the software keeps asking for a blank tape and tries to rename the tape each night. When I made the backup set it named the tape 1-Thursday A and it worked the first week but the following week it wants a tape named 2-Thursday A and I can't get the script to write to the 1-Thursday A. This happens every night of the week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

No, the tape is blank. All I am trying to do is set up 5 tapes (M-F) and have an automoatic backup done daily. When I create the script it names the tape "1-Monday A" but then when the script runs it asks for "2-Monday A" and says that "1-Monday A" belongs to a different set.

Thanks

Hi

In one of your posts you said that (on the second week) "the tape is blank". Did you manually erase the tapes?

Do you have a total of 5 tapes and you are reusing/overwriting them every week?

if so, you need to set all of your schedules to be recycle backups. This will overwite the tape every time you use it. You also need to enable the "automatically reuse pre-named media" setting in the Retrospect preferences.

Thanks

Nate

Archived