How to get Retrospect 6.5 to automatically overwrite tapes?

I was wondering if there is a way to set tapesets to automatically be overwriten when they become full. I.E. We have 2 bi-weekly sets of 3 tapes, that when they beomes full (After about 2 weeks) fails the job wanting new media. I'd prefer it to automatically overwrite than to wait for me to come, check on it and if I forget to to that daily, get all confused and crash retrospect when the next job tries to start... is there a way to make it do this, or to schedule a job to do it?

So, then, no is the answer.

To do this, basically, you need to guess when the tapes will be full, or just play it safe and do something like make a schedule for Monday-recycle tape, T-F regular backup. Okay then.

And to clarify... When you schedule a recycle job, is that a "Recycle then backup" job or just a "Recycle media" job? I'm looking at the scripting scheduler, and wasn't sure which it meant... do I need to clear the Monday aspect of the weekly job, then add i nthe recycle? Or if I place a recycle will it clean the tapes and then execute the later scheduled backup job?

Hi

The scripts use a "Recycle backup" meaning that it backs up starting on the first member of the set. You cannot script just a "set recycle" without running a backup of some kind. However there are some ways to get the same result if that is what you want to do.

You are correct, Retrospect cannot autmaticall run a recycle backup once the media gets full.

Nate

Archived