Assertion Failure at "Wdbd_Exchange.Cpp-2278"

srnath

All,

I'm using Retrospect 6.5 running on Windows 2000 to back up an Exchange 2000 Server.

Received Error message

Restrospect has encountered a serious error:Assertion Failure at "Wdbd_Exchange.Cpp-2278"

I rebooted and tried to backup , but same error message

Any one had this error before, please mail the possiable solutions.

Thanks

Srnath

Hi

Does it appear that the databases are being backed up correctly? Please post the log for the backup operation showing the failure. Feel free to change server/ mailbox names to protect the innocent.

If the Exchange server is local try unlicensing the server in the Retrospect volumes window. Restart the computer and then relicense it. If it is a client machine, forget the client from the Retrospect client database and then log it in again.

Thanks

Nate

Hi

I tried to unlicensing the server in the restrospect volume window, and then relicensed but no luck still gives the same error message.

In the log file also its not showing any thing its empty?

But in the events it shows : execution terminated unexpectedly possiably due to a

power failure or system crash.

srnath

Hi

Please verify that you have Retrospect 6.5.350 installed. If not you can get it here http://www.dantz.com/en/download.dtml?category=application&platform=windows&language=en&version=6.5.350

If the problems continue, remove/rename your Retrospect configuration files:

Documents and settings/all users/application data/Retrospect/config65.dat and config65.bak.

Then reboot the machine, launch Retrospect, enter your license code and try to backup the servers again.

Thanks

Nate

Hi Nate,

I upgraded to 6.5.350 and tried to backup ,but failed again with same error message.

I Renamed Retrospect configuration files, rebooted the machine, launched Retrospect,

entered the license code and tried to backup the exchange server, but no luck still once

again displaying same error message :Assertion Failure at "Wdbd_Exchange.Cpp-2278"

Srnath

Thanks for running that test.

Please send the following information to pacrimsupport@dantz.com

-A windows system info report for the backup/Exchange machine

-The assert log located in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Retrospect.

Please also do the following:

-Type CTRL + ALT + P + P at any screen in Retrospect

-Turn up the trees and volumes debug logging to 6 and enable the flush after each write setting under the program heading.

-Run the backup and reproduce the error.

-Send us the operations_log.utx file located in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Retrospect.

After you have created the trees and volumes log you can set these settings back to defaults.

Thanks

Nate

Hi

Can you start a backup of the exchange server and watch it run? If so can you please tell me exactly where it fails for you? (i.e. before it copies the database, during the copy, after the copy completes)

Do you have the same error if you backup individual mailboxes?

Is your Exchange server on the machine running Retrospect or is it on a network client machine?

Have you ever been able to do successful backups of the databases with Retrospect?

Are you doing full backups or incrementals?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm still trying to sort out exactly what is happening here.

Thanks

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nate

Since Exchange database backup is failing daily, we are not backingup the exchange data now for the time being.

We haven't tried backing individual mailboxes.

Our Exchange server is on the machine running Restrospect.

We use to backup database successfuly with Restrospect Exchange agent before .

We are doing Full backups.

Srnath

Archived