Restore elem.cpp-855

rolf55

I'm evaluating Retrospect 6.0 Multi Server.

The backup server runs on a w2k/Professional workstation (512MB/P3).

I backed up our Linux boxes (about 40k-130k files some GB). The backups works fine also the compare.

But when i try to restore (to a w2k box) some files the restore allways fails with the error message "Assertion Errorr elem.cpp-855". The Error occurs allways after Retrospect selects the files (if i change destination or file filter). I've also installed the Retrospect server on another Workstation and opend the backupset after selecting files the same error (some other backup sets work perfect).

All backup Set repair, backup Set restore functions allways end with the same error message.

Any Ideas about this error Message?

btw. I'm try to move move from a tar backup. Retrospect seems very nice to handle but it's very bad if you have a compared backup witch can't be restored !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

You mentioned that you are getting the error when restoring Linux files to a Windows machine. Is that correct? Can you verify that the error also happens when restoring to a linux machine? Can you recreate this with Retrospect 6.5 and the newest client? What version of Red Hat do you have running on the client?

Thanks

Nate

Archived