Need help with error -106

Carillon

All of the sudden my backup won't run because of this error. I checked the path to the .rbd file it mentions but it doesn't even exist at this location. What's going on? Thanks

!Trouble writing: "2-KNS Backup" (1476714496), error -106 ( data overwrite attempt)

!Trouble writing media:

"2-KNS Backup"

error -106 ( data overwrite attempt)

TFile::Read: read failed, /Volumes/KNS Backup 2/Retrospect/KNS Backup/2-KNS Backup/AB007368.rdb, oserr 16, error -1020

TFile::Read: read failed, /Volumes/KNS Backup 2/Retrospect/KNS Backup/2-KNS Backup/AB007368.rdb, oserr 16, error -1020

Additional error information for Disk Media Set member "2-KNS Backup",

Can't write to file /Volumes/KNS Backup 2/Retrospect/KNS Backup/2-KNS Backup/AB007368.rdb, error -1023 ( already exists)

Hi Robin, I'm running on a Mac not Windows... Before this backup ran I had to get this volume back on the desktop since the overnight cleaning crew accidently hit the power button on the drive and powered it off. I shut down the Mac, powered up the drive and the volume re-appeared on my desktop. Why is it complaining about a file that doesn't even exist on this volume? Can I just tell Retrospect to re-copy the files on this volume without doing a recycle. This is a huge media set and takes days to make the initial backup. Thanks

Thanks Robin, ran a disk check and sure enough. The disk had problems. I'm reformatting the drive. I'll just do a "recycle" media and get things caught up.

One question, do you have an opinion on where to store the catalog files? Is it best practice to store them on the same HD as the OS running the backup engine or is it okay to store them on an external HD attached to the same Mac?

Sorry to digress but I'm considering changing up my configuration. Thanks