"Never Backed Up" report

Hello. I wonder if anyone can clarify the function of the "Never Backed Up" report for me. It seems to always display all of the items shown in my Sources area, regardless of whether they have been backed up or not. For example, just this morning a script ran and backed up a Favorite folder on 5 network clients, but all 5 clients show up in the "Never Backed Up" report.

How should I interpret that? The backups all completed with errors, but nothing major. I consider them backed up, and would like them to not be in the report unless they really failed big time so I could go visit them and see what happened.

My 2 cents. Thanks!

It could be that the root of the disk itself has never been backed up, which is being picked up by the report.

These reports act mostly as examples so that users know what the software features are. We will be making changes to these default reports in future updates. You can edit this report and change the date to something that fits your environment and then save the report.

On the clients, the root of the disk has not been backed up, just the user data using a Favorite folder. I don't plan on ever backing the entire machine up, just select folders.

It would be a good enhancement if a Favorite that has never been backed up was shown here so an investigation into the problem could start. When a Favorite has been backed up though, and no script is calling for anything else on the client to be backed up, the client shouldn't show up on this report. It seems confusing the way it is now.

Additionally, the "No Backup in 7 Days" report shows for me the same thing as the "Never Backed Up" report, except that two Sources (network shared volumes used only as storage space) show up. They shouldn't really show up because they are destinations for backup data only, not things that will be backed up. In this regard, they would show up in this list forever. It seems strange they show up here, but not in the "Never Backed Up" report. There is some sort of illogical thing happening here.

I actually noticed just now that if I drill down to the Favorite under the clients in the "Never Backed Up" report, they have green check marks to the left which, I think, indicates they have been successfully backed up.

None of the favorites show up in any way in the "Sources Backed Up" report though. No indication of the client exists there. Shouldn't everything with a green check mark show up here?

• 2 weeks later...
It could be that the root of the disk itself has never been backed up, which is being picked up by the report.

In my case, the whole disk has been backed up. What is showing up erroneously in the report is the client itself. (One happens to be a laptop, so backing up that disk is pretty much backing up the laptop. Another is a single-disk virtual XP machine, same deal.)

These reports act mostly as examples so that users know what the software features are. We will be making changes to these default reports in future updates. You can edit this report and change the date to something that fits your environment and then save the report.

So, what criterion would select the disks and not the clients to which they are connected?

Alternatively, what would it take to get a backup date or "backed up" status on the entry for a Client?

By the way, why does right-click "Duplicate report..." seem to do nothing? It would have been nice to edit a copy instead of mucking with the supplied example.