Error -505

Retrospect 8 backed up all of our client computers last night without a problem. But now, it can't backup one of our client computers, with this error message:

"Can't access volume megan on Megan's iMac G5, error -505 ( backup client reserved)"

Why is it doing this? We have the latest version of Retrospect Client installed -- the one that came with the latest Retrospect 8 installer. We just installed this client 24 hours ago, and it already backed up successfully once.

Ideas?

The client machine is running Mac OS X 10.5.5, and it is a 1.8 GHz iMac G5 (not an Intel machine) with 2 GB RAM. I will actually try updating it to 10.5.6, and see if that makes a difference. It is running Retrospect Client 6.3.019, which I believe is the latest version, right?

That client machine has only backed up ONCE successfully-- and it was the very first time that we installed Retrospect on the server machine and tried to back it up that client machine for the first time. Every single time that we have tried to backup that client machine since that first successful backup, we have gotten the error -505. We have tried 4 times since.

The server machine is running Retrospect 8.0.594.1 on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 4 GB RAM.

I will try updating the client machine to 10.5.6 and see what happens.

I just tried clicking the "off" and "on" buttons like you suggested, but FYI: the status has ALWAYS said "ready" for that particular client, even when the server was reporting the error -505.

One of these 3 things fixed the problem temporarily, because I was just able to backup the client successfully twice in a row:

1. Upgrading the client iMac G5 to 10.5.6.

2. Restarting the client iMac.

3. Turning the Retrospect Client on that iMac OFF and ON.

Now I let Retrospect 8 complete both of its backups entirely -- I didn't stop them, which may have been what threw off Retrospect 8 the first time. But it looks like it is temporarily working... as long as I let it complete its backups for now.