Client upgrade problems with 7.6

blm14

So, I downloaded and installed retrospect 7.6 on both of my windows servers. So far so good. The 7.6 server install included .rcu files for the new mac and PC clients, which I promptly used.

Now none of my clients can be seen from either of the retrospect servers. help!

Ok so all the PC clients have to have the windows firewall exception re-added. So I still have to go to each machine and re-enable the exception which isn't quite as bad as reinstalling the client.

Why would using the .rcu files cause the windows firewall exception for retrospect to go away?

Why would using the .rcu files cause the windows firewall exception for retrospect to go away?

It is the Macintosh clients running 10.5 that will need to be re-added to the firewall.

As long as your WIndows firewall has port 497 open for tcp/udp, you should be okay.

All of these windows-machines had the retrospect client installed before and they had been working, so port 497 was open before I used the .rcu file to update them.

After using the RCU, every single one of them had the retroclient.exe exception in the windows firewall vanish. I am having work-study students painstakingly go to each machine to correct this, but I'm curious why this would happen.

Maybe you guys should warn customers about it? :)