Delete (Forget) Multiple Snapshots

We have Proactive backups backing up users to a disk backup set. When ever a user leaves the company there is no easy way to delete there backups from the disk backup set. Grooming is enabled and the documentation says when you forget a snapshot it grooms and deletes the files also which is fine. You can only select one snapshot at a time. It wastes a lot of time to go in and forget each snapshot one at a time. Is there a better way to do this. I need to be able to delete old users data from the backup set easily. mad.gif

Where can I submit this as an enhancement request. Recycling the backups set loses all the other data. I view this as a major flaw in the design of the software. Also, after I forget Snapshots one at a time I get a windows asking if I wasnt to groom Now or Later. When I click now it never starts a groom. Why?

Thanks

I have the same problem. For example I have been having Exchange issues when backing up individual Mailboxes. To try and fix the issue I create a new client in Retrospect and then back up the Exchange server again.

To clean up the old backups (as they will no longer be updated) I have to delete each and every mailbox one at a time (each taking 2+ minutes) which also hangs the application until complete.

Being able to multiple select all the snapshots would be superb and you could tick them all, hit a delete button, confirm and then go and make a cup of tea.

Rich

I'm glad to see there is someone else with this problem. I also don't understand why it takes so long to just forget the snapshot anyway. Mine take about 30 seconds each. 2 minutes is even more painful. It's not like it grooms right there and then. Hopefully this will be improved in a future release.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

To clean up the old backups (as they will no longer be updated) I have to delete each and every mailbox one at a time (each taking 2+ minutes) which also hangs the application until complete.

Just 2 minutes each?

Although I'm not deleting mailboxes, each snapshot takes me between 10-15 minutes...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived