Ultra ATA 133 Card

I have a Mac Beige DT upgraded to 500mhz G3 and have recently added a SIIG Ultra ATA 133/100 Pro card to. I am trying to backup my existing Maxtor 30G attached to the Motherboard so I can reformat it to operate on the faster SIIG card. My backup device is a Maxtor 80G "quiet" drive which is attached to the controller card. I am trying to backup aprox 18G's of data to the new drive form the 30G attache do the MB, but I keep getting a '206' error. Are there any problems with this type of controller and Retrospect? I just upgraded to the latest version of Express yesterday and am continuing to have the problem. I have 6 partitions on the 30G drive and am trying to backup to a file on the 80G. I get 3/4 of the way thru the 2nd partition when the error message shows up and the backup stops. I have gotten the same result on 3 attempts and have run both Disk First Aid and Norton between tries. Your help will be appreciated.

OS X is not supported with upgrade cards, so Retrospect can't support this configuration either. Hardware requirements for OS X are listed in the license agreement shown during installation.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived