Jump to content

MultiServer 7.5.370 upgrade


bhbruce

Recommended Posts

Hi,

We updated to 7.5.370 and since we have had a multitude of errors. 7.5.285 ran flawlessly on 3 servers in seperate locations. Now since the update we are getting --557 Errors (transaction already complete), -509 (backup client reserved) on clients. Clients are running 7.5.116 retro client except a couple of machines that had older versions of the Retro Client had an error that wouldn't go away when the ok button was selected relating to pcpds. We've updated those clients manually to the latest in hopes it won't happen tomorrow. Another oddity, 2 scripts just sat and didn't run within a reasonable amount of time, eventually I had to end task on Retrospect to free the machine up (Win2k3 server & Win2k Server). Rebooted and tried to run again with the same result. No progress appeared to be made and the log just showed the job starting and then stopped by user(me).

2 of the servers are Win2k3 units with the sole function of Running Retrospect, backing up to disk array.

The remaining unit is a Win2K Server backing up to disk and a AIT-2 drive. Also it's sole job.

All units ran really well prior to the update, now all have issues.

Anyone run into any of this before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Little bit more information, we ran a test backup of a NT Server and the system is getting a pop up titled PCPDS.EXE - Entry Point Not Found.

The text reads 'The procdure entry point ConvertStringSecurityDescriptortoSecurityDescriptorW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll' Finally stopped the Retro Client service on the target server to get out of it. Client version 7.5.116

Hope this helps...

B.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this may be related

my thread http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/94487/an/0/page/0#Post94487

 

I also running 7.5.370 - all BU after the latest update have failed - although one was for dirty tape (or so it said).

 

The next item in the schedule is BU from an NT 4 server

 

I have inserted a disk from a Win 2003 server for tonights BU after the exchange and before the NT4 machine to see if it gets past that ... watch this space wink.gif

 

Previous exceedingly long BU of Exchange Store has been seen before though.

Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am getting same pcpds.exe - Entry Point Not Found error. I am trying to add NT 4.0 Workstation clients. After clicking OK 4 times to this error on the client I can then see it in Retrospect but it shows no volumes to back up. I have tried the 7.5.111 and the 7.5.116 client software.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also having this exact same problem. A backup script that backs up 2 win nt 4 servers stalls at 'preparing to execute'. When I go to the console of these computers, I see 'pcpds.exe, the precoedure entry point convertstringsecuritydescriptortosecuritydescriptorw could not be located in the dynamic link library advapi32.dll'. It will never progress past this point AND no other jobs will run no matter what library or backup set is specified. I have to end the retrospect task to get it going again. Retro has been a real pain in the caboose lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Bump....to find out if EMC is found a solution to this problem. I see that 7.5.370 is still the latest update available, so I guess not.

 


I'm interested in a status update as well. I've held off on installing .370, but sooner or later I'll have to backup Vista clients, Retrospect stability be damned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...