Hi, I've recently moved my entire photo collection on to my Power Mac G5 Dual from my PC. On the PC my Maxtor One Touch 250GB External HD worked a treat and the button on the front of the HD worked as well. On the mac I can't get the one touch button to work. I've tried various methods that are posted on the web but to no avail. I'm using retrospect 5 and I've downloaded the update from maxtor so that the mac doesn't crash. All I want to do is to be able to back up any changes to my photo collection without having to drag and drop. I'm well up on Windows as a system but I ain't no mac expert and I have limited if any knowledge on retrospect. Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry forgot to mention I'm using Tiger 10.4.5

hi jonny,

i'd also add that you really shouldn't be running Retrospect 5 on Tiger (10.4). there are known incompatibilities and i think you may be headed down a dangerous path.

Maxtor's website should have information on updating to 6.1. i believe it's a free update, but you need the license from Maxtor.

Archived