Lion Compatibility

So, rumor has it that Lion will be available for download from the App Store on Thursday, July 14. The Golden Master, I believe, has already been seeded to developers. We'll know in 2 days if the rumors are right.

Last I heard, an update to Retrospect 8.2 bringing Lion compatibility had an "early July" target date. How are things looking? :)

The date of my planned update to Lion depends heavily on when Lion compatibility arrives for Retrospect. Of course, updates will likely be necessary for a host of other applications, too, so I'm in no rush but just a bit curious.

Guest Steve Maser

One thing I noticed: If the firewall is on in 10.6 and you upgrade to Lion, the retroclient is *blocked*. You have to go and "allow all connections".

One thing I noticed: If the firewall is on in 10.6 and you upgrade to Lion, the retroclient is *blocked*. You have to go and "allow all connections".

Another way to do the same thing is to reinstall the client, if that's what upgraded. Believe that both methods will work. I made a copy of my existing boot disk (having had experience with Lion for experimentation prior), even more off line, on a separate partition/disk. I'm pretty comfortable with Lion as a client. No PPC on Lion, BTW.

Guest Steve Maser

does this point:

The Mac OS X Lion installer creates a hidden 640 MB "Recovery HD" partition that can boot the computer and provide access to tools like the Terminal and Disk Utility, should the need arise. If Retrospect is used to perform a complete recovery of a Lion startup volume to a blank disk or one that has been repartitioned with Disk Utility, the Recovery HD partition won't be created. Running the Lion installer on the disk before performing the restore will ensure that the Recovery HD partition is properly created and provisioned.

indicate the reason for what I've reported in that the internal "Macintosh HD" is no longer an "on-line" source after you upgrade to Lion and you need to delete that and reset any Media Sets stored on the internal drive, etc?

That would make sense in that the original "Macintosh HD" partition would be resized by the Lion installer so it's not the exact same "source" after the install.