Swapping tape libraries weekly question

Here's my scenario:

I have two sets of 10 tapes which I want swapped out every tuesday. I need the full backup done Tuesday night and just changed files every other day after that (until the next tuesday)

Here's my problem:

Should I be indicating two backup sets in my backup script (Set A and Set B indicating each group of 10 tapes) for use alternate weeks? If I do that I can't see how to indicate that the backup is tuesday->monday. This is the point at which I'm stuck. Some guidance please?

Hi

Yes, you would need to set up two sets. Add both backup sets to your scripts. Then create a total of 6 schedules:

Sunday, Monday Normal backup to Set A

Tuesday only recycle backup to set B

Wednesday, Thrusday, friday, saturday normal backup to set B

Sunday, Monday normal backup to set B

Tuesday only recycle to backup set A

Wednesday, Thrusday, friday, saturday normal backup to set A

Make sure to set the weeks box to "2" on each schecule. (that means "every other week") Also make sure to adjust the start dates of each schedule so that the rotation works properly.

This is a little tricky because Retrospect always considers a week to start on Sunday.

The scheduled tab of the activity monitor will give tell you if the rotation is set up properly.

Thanks

Nate

Quote:

This is a little tricky because Retrospect always considers a week to start on Sunday.

I thought Dantz sold software world-wide that would work all over the world wink.gif

Here in Sweden the weeks start on Mondays. Don't you call Saturday AND Sunday for "weekend"?

Archived