RetroClient.sh on Solaris

I don't know if this was the case in earlier versions, but we have found what appears to be a bug in RetroClient.sh gui for Solaris.

It happens when you try to make files private so they won't be backed up. When you list files or directories they will not show up in the window, and the exclude file in /etc is not written to. If you edit the exclude file and then look at it in the gui, the files you listed will appear. But the exclude file will be ignored unless you use the gui to turn "exclude" on, which is how it should work. So you have to go both to the gui and the command line to make it work.

Nate, can you report that or should I do it via tech support?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm not sure how that was so obvious...

I would start by stopping the client process, deleting the retroclient.state file and running retroclient --setpass to create a new one. This will rule out corruption in the client config file as a possible cause.

Thanks

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Obvious because I wouldn't run the 7 client unless I was running the 7 application? Maybe that's not a requirement though.

So you are saying to the best of your knowledge the problem we saw shouldn't be an issue? It was on every Solaris client that required exclusions and we never had anything below 6.5 running on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived