Error -2311 (File system tree convertor not found)

today

Completely fresh install of WinXP SP2

Completely fresh install of 6.5.350

Working with a brand new Disk Backup Set on a drive with tons of free space.

This backup set contains normal Server2k3 file backups, an SQL database, an Exchange 2k3 mailbox and Public Folder database copy, and two Linux server backups in it.

When I try to do a "Restore/Find Files" operation, using "size >100MB" discriminator, Retrospect begins to scan files, then barfs with the error message in the subject line.

I've tried doing a catalog rebuild, but that finds no problems. Also, I'm able to append to the end of the catalog.

Any ideas?

-todd-

Hi

Are trying to restore a database to a regular file on disk? That would match this error perfectly. If you use the Retrospect database agents to backup you can only restore to database servers using the Retrospect database agent. You cannot restore to a flat file.

Thanks

Nate

Hi

The only time I have seen this error is when trying to restore a database to a regular disk or when trying to restore regular files to a database.

Is the destination for your restore an entire disk or a folder on that disk?

Thanks

Nate

Remember, this error occurs *before* I get a chance to pick any files.

The destination was an entire disk.

I've now just skipped over the problem entirely by devoting a backup set to just databases. This is a strange of enough bug that I don't want to take any chances of getting screwed by such bugs in the future, so now I am just separating the chocolate from the peanut butter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a disk backup with similar contents:

Exchange database, mailboxes, SQL databases, Linux clients, Mac clients, Win clients. I tried the search for files restore with the same matching criteria and it worked OK in Retrospect 7.

Can you give the Retrospect 7 trial a shot? I'm curious if this was something that was fixed along the way.

Thanks

Nate

Archived