Version to buy, etc.

ajohnson

I currently run 5.6 Server trial version on two server machines, because I need the capacity of 2 tape drives. In addition to the two backup servers, I have the client software installed on 6 other computers (that are also server computers). I'm considering purchasing 6.0 in the near future. All of the servers and clients are Win2k/NT. With this in mind, is there any reason for me to purchase Multi Server? Will Single Server be sufficient for me? Also: am I in the bounds of my license if I install the Backup Server software on multiple servers in the same organization?

"Am I in the bounds of my license if I install the Backup Server software on multiple servers in the same organization? "

No. This would be againast your license agreement.

Single Server would work fine for you a long as none of your clients are servers.

The Retrospect Multi-Server edition gives you a license to install the main Retrospect application on one computer. From that one central server you can back up an unlimited number of servers out on the network.

Installing the Retrospect application on multiple servers would be against the license agreement.

Archived