5.15 to 6.0 and Machine Won't Shut Down

ETOman

I just upgraded a Win2K machine from 5.15 to 6.0 Pro. With 6.0 installed the machine will no longer shutdown (turn off) and power management no longer works properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

ASUS CUSL2 MB

OnStream DI30 Tape

Thanks for the reply!

Removing (via Win2k Add / Remove programs) and reinstalling didn't help. I think there is just some basic incompatibility with the BIOS or Graphics card. Funny thing is, Retrospect doesn't even have to be open and (from what I can tell) nothing from the program is even loaded. Does Retrospect replace some *.DLL somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. However, it's only happened on 6.0. The machine is a SONY VAIO notebook with W2KPro. If I lock the computer, the scheduled backup ran but didn't shutdown the machine. If I logoff my account, the scheduled backup ran but didn't shutdown the machine. If I leave the computer unlock, the scheduled backup ran and did the shutdown. BUT, it's not a complete shutdown. It only went so far to "It is now safe to turn off your computer" displayed on screen. Any ideas??

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I had Retrospect 5.15 and my Dell Latitude running Windows 2000 shut down properly. Once I upgraded to 6.0, Windows shuts down properly (to the point that my screen shuts off), but the actual laptop stays powered up. I tried turning off "look-ahead 12 hours" and scheduling backups so they are not allowed in the evening, but these do not help.

Any ideas would be apprecaited, it is rather annoying to have to shut down the laptop manually every time.

Archived