error -103

ria

Hello

I recently downloaded the trial version of Retrospect Backup software 5.6 for the Windows platform. I have just started to work my way through it. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to make it actually write onto my cd-writer.

Every time I get the following error message:

Device trouble: "1-Drive H Disk 1 ", error - 103 (unexpected beginning of media).

I have tried both methods, immediate backup and writing a script.

I get as far as "really execute now" or "script appears valid". After that I am presented with the above error message.

My cd-writer is a Teac CD-RW W516EB and is supported by your software. I have tried both CD-R and CD-RW.

I have no problem backing up to a file on the harddrive.

My computer is a 6 month old pentium, 2 GHz with 512 MB.

I am grateful for any help.

ria

I have tried quite a few different media including brand names like SONY and BASF.

There was a message posted on 02/11/02, subject "media problem". It seems there was no solution found for this.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem on my Teac drive. Turned out the firmware revision was too old for Retrospect (had 1.0a; 1.0b is required).

The current firmware is 1.0h and backup is now cranking. Go to http://www.teac.co.jp/dspd/ to download the update.

(Update: Any media you tried to use before with Retrospect is toast and you may as well throw it out...)

Archived