SQL agent 1004 error

richiemarshall

Whenever I try to back up our SQL server, retrospect fails with a 1004 error message. I have looked into this error on the support site, and it is a known problem. I have downloaded the file that is supposed to fix the problem, but having followed everything that was suggested, SQL backups still fail with the same message. Has anyone else seen this, and what can I try next?

Thanks

Richard

Hi Nate,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have actually managed to resolve the issue now. For the benefit of others I am using the latest server and client software (6.5.350/6.5.136) and MSSQL 7 is installed on a client machine (win 2000 server).

For the record, even though I had used a valid SQL account for the login, I was seeing an access denied error in the SQL server's event logs. I managed to resolve the problem by changing the retrospect client service client from logging in as system, to logging in using the same domain account that the SQL server was using.

I hadn't tried this before as our exchange 5.5 backups were working sucessfully, and that retrospect client was using the standard system account to startup.

thanks again,

rich smile.gif

Archived