Backing Up to a DVD+RW device

JayCosentino

I have a HP Pavilion 5000 laptop PC running Windows XP Pro SP2. Not sure exactly about the drive, but the driver shows a vendor of HL-DT-ST, a DVD+RW GCA-4040N at version 1.19. My question was whether Retrospect supported any DVD+RW at version 6.0? If not, does it support any DVD+RW at version 6.5? And then, what about this drive in particular?

Hi

The drive is not natively supported yet but you may be able to build a driver using the custom configuration wizard in 6.0 or 6.5.

I think 6.5 came out right about the time DVD burners started to hit the market in large numbers. I'm not aware of any DVD burners that are supported in 6.0.

Thanks

Nate

Thank you, Nate!

When I try to use the custom configurator with 6.0, I get a message "Retrospect is Unable to Configure Your Drive". I have DVD+RW media loaded.

Although I am perfectly happy with version 6.0 going to my tape drive, I would upgrade to 6.5 if I could get the custom configuration to work with my DVD+ drive (HL-DT-ST, a DVD+RW GCA-4040N). Do you think that 6.5 would be able to configure this drive, or would the 6.0 error message also apply to 6.5? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jay

Archived