file selections not saved when scheduling using Trial Version

acp

i'm very interested in the product and am THIIIIIS close to buying it but i can't get it to do what i thought would be a simple thing. after i select the files i want to backup, and select "Schedule" it erases all my choices and backs up everything. it works fine if i select "immediate backup". i looked everywhere and i can't find where i can configure the script or save the one i just created, etc. i'm sure it's there i just need a bit of direction.

side note: can you select the level of compression? all i see is "normal". i am backing up to an external harddrive and don't have "hardware compression" capability.

thanks in advance!!!

acp

The easiest way to define backup sets is to define a subvolume (a specific folder) which contains your backup data, and then to let it back up the contents of the folder (including subfolders). Using scripts, you can define several subvolumes, and include them all in one backup set. The selector approach can be used to tweak a backup set, however you will have more success when you have more experience with Retrospect.

Archived