Retrospect 6.5 Backup Client Problems

signe_8

After installing Windows patch KB83116, my XP system exhibits these symptoms:

- Mapped network drives that were once usable are no longer accessible by name (e.g., \\server\share). However, they are accessible via IP address (\\255.128.64.32\share).

- Backup clients that were once configured are no longer accessible in Retrospect.

- Retrospect fails to find any valid clients on the network. It spins endlessly "Searching for backup clients".

- I can Test for a client by IP address. I can not add a client though. The "Add" button is greyed out.

The ultimate problem is that I can not add or use any clients on the network anymore. I'm not sure what the "critical" security patch does, but I can not uninstall it since it is not removable.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Thanks for the tip, Nate, but I don't think that is my problem. I am not running the Windows firewall. I have several systems connected to a LinkSys wireless router. One of the machines is running Retrospect, and others are clients.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Quote:

Hi

I think the update re-enables the firewall. Make sure the firewall is open on port 497 for both UDP and TCP traffic.

Thanks

Nate

Archived