Will Retrospect Desktop 5.0 work with Clients 4.3?

I have Retrospect 4.3 Desktop running on Mac OS 8.1 and have Retrospect Clients 4.3 installed on other machines running MacOS 9.2.2. I am upgrading to Retrospect 5.0 (which I will move to a MacOS 9.2.2 machine). My question is do I have to upgrade the 4.3 Clients to 5.0 Clients?

I checked the readme file and the main Dantz web site and could not find which versions of the clients Retrospect 5.0 Desctop for Mac is compatible with.

Thanks,

-Tony

You need to get a new 5.0 license code to allow the 5.0 application to log in clients. This is available for an upgrade price to upgrade your 4.x clients.

The actual software on the clients doesn't need to be updated unless they are running OS X.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Hi Irena,

So am I correct that I do have to purchase the 4.3 to 5.0 Client Upgrade? This presumably means I will receive new client software. However, you mentioned that I only need to get new registration codes for the 4.3 client software I already own to make it work with 5.0 Desktop. If that is the case how do I do that (presumably that is either free or cheaper than buying new 5.0 client software). I could only see the "4.3 to 5.0 Client Upgrade" listed. Thanks for your help,

-Tony

If you have 20 computers that you are currently backing up and you want to upgrade your application to 5.0, you need to have a 5.0 code that allows you back up 20 clients.

Since you already own clients, you'd pay the upgrade price of $199, instead of the full retail price of $499.

If you have less or more clients, customer service will quote you a price for upgrading your clients.

Once you have the license to back up your clients, you can upgrade the software to 5.0 or leave it at 4.3; this makes no difference.

• 1 month later...

Archived