Can't get Trial version to run automated scripts

tak00

I can execute an Immediate Backup OK. If I try to schedule it, the Launcher will execute but I get:

Can't access Backup Set Backup Set A, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

I'm using the latest Trial version (6.5.350). Does it support this? If so, I need some help. This is a show stopper for me purchasing the product...

I also have another smaller issue, how to exclude certain sub-folders from being backed up. I defined the path in Selecting section but they still get backed up.

Hi

It sounds like you have the backup files stored on a network share? If so make sure you set the cofigure->preferences->security setting to the admin user of the machine running Retrospect. You can then set log in information for your backup set in the configure->backup sets or cofigure->volumes window.

Nate

Initially I did have a mapped network volume included and didn't have the login information configured. But I then configured it and it still failed. I then removed all the volumes I had configured except one local volume. If I select it, you can't view/edit login for the backup set or volume. It still fails the same way. I can do immediate backups with no problem. Just the scheduled ones fail....

It's running under my userid. I'm always logged on and I am the administrator. While I was on hold with technical support for 2 1/2 hours yesterday, I did run across something that I need to try. I have a "space" in my userid and I though that might have something to do with it. I can't configure it on the Preferences screen, get "Can't grant necessary user privleges". I was able to configure the Lauch service with this userid but with it the service never launched Retrospect. So trying another userid is my next thing to try.

I renamed my userid (just removed the space) and logged off & on. It had no effect on the problem, still fails the same way.

Does it need the Administrator userid account. I have that disabled. I guess I'll try enabling it and see what happens.

Same error.

Still hitting my head against the wall..........

There are two things that stand out to me in your posts:

I can't configure it on the Preferences screen, get "Can't grant necessary user privleges".

If I select it, you can't view/edit login for the backup set or volume.

-- If you are having difficulty configuring the security preferences for both the application login and the volume login you'll have problems backing up to a network share.

Try creating a brand new user account that is both in the Administrator group locally, and also has full privleges to the network volume. Then check out the following link:

http://www.dantz.com/en/support/kbase.dtml?id=27362

1) I can't configure it on the Preferences screen, get "Can't grant necessary user privleges".

This occurs after I try entering a userid & password on the Configure - Preferences - Security dialog and pressing the Enter key.

2)If I select it, you can't view/edit login for the backup set or volume.

This is the case for local volumes. The login icon is dimmed! For Network volume, no problems configuring a userid & password.

If I try to configure the Launcher Service with a userid & password, it won't launch Retrospect at the scheduled time. It only seems to work when uses Local System account.

As I stand right now, the problem occurs when I try to backup just one local subvolume. No Network volumes are defined.

Supposedly there have been some changes in the way Retrospect handles this between bersions 6.0 & 6.5 which also leads to confusion.

I've tried just about everything I can think of, even uninstalled & reinstalled Retrospect. This would be a lot simpler if the log had more details on what exactly the error is.

This problem was caused mostly by permissions on the catalog file. The catalog file was under my the My Documents folder for my Windows login. It didn't have Administrator or System priviledges so I assigned them. A secondary issue was that my login userid had a "space" and Retrospect has an issue with that.

Archived