Error -1104 problem

e_j_m

Hi all,

Win XP workstation with C & D hard drives, backing up to the G: drive, which is a USB storage device. Admin user logged in, Retrospect running as logged in user.

I made a backup set including the C and D drives, and told it to do the "Backup" to the USB device (which has 40 GB, total used space on C & D drives totals 36 GB).

It backed up the C drive just fine, but didn't back up a single thing on the D drive, giving 1 error per file thereon (*thousands* of errors...) saying "Error -1101"

I switched an option, telling it to not back up Windows Server info (which seems to be enabled by default?), and told it to just try and back up the D drive.

It ran for about 50 MB worth of backup, then failed with "Error -1104", which seems to have something to do with restoring from the same CD to which you're backing up, but since I'm not even close to worrying about restoring, that error seems in error wink.gif.

I'm running a trial of Pro that I d/l'ed yesterday, so I imagine it's a fairly recent copy, but I'll check to make sure it's the absolute latest.

Any thoughts?

Hi

You say this is a USB device, Can you be more specific about what it is? What is the format? Are you using a disk backup set or a "file" backup set? If it is a file you may be running into file size limitations on the backup set.

Thanks

Nate

Archived