Retrospect Horrors

fortcassin

I upgraded from 5,.6 Retrospect to 6.5 with all updates.

When I try to duplicate I end up with nothing done. I get error 1103 Write Protected or I just get an endless loop where it starts all over again.

I run Windows XP Professional/updated to present. I use Maxtor 5000 external USB2 drive for backups.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled 6.5--but it won'twork.

I finally unistalled 6.5 and put 5.6 to work and it does the job, SORT OF. iT CAN'T FIND MY mAXTOR DRIVE AND i HAVE TO TRY ABOUT 5 TIMES TO GET A BACKUP TO WORK.

What is the problem. OOps, I'm going to rinstaLL MRetropsect again.

Dan Cassin

I use Retrospect 6.5.350 with two Maxtor USB 5000 drives. It works for me with these observations:

1) USB 1.0 sucks the life out of my old Win98 computer, causing erratic operation

2) USB 2.0 and a new Dell (2.4G, XP) solved all my issues

Sorry you are having trouble mate,

JF

Using Retrospect 5x, I imported movie clips, then moved them to external drive. Then I deleted the files from my G4 hard drive. Now, when I go in to hard drive, I see the name of the movie clip, but when I go to select, it disappears. In the trash I see one of the movie clips, and it disappears when I select it as well. Are the files there? All my other saved data can be accessed, just not these files.

In addition to last message, the files that disappear are listed as December 1903!

(Using Retrospect 5x, I imported movie clips, then moved them to external drive. Then I deleted the files from my G4 hard drive. Now, when I go in to hard drive, I see the name of the movie clip, but when I go to select, it disappears. In the trash I see one of the movie clips, and it disappears when I select it as well. Are the files there? All my other saved data can be accessed, just not these files.)

Archived