restart procedures

shankle

If you are running a long backup (4 hours or more) and because of a lightening storm

have to turn off your computer before the backup is completed, is there a restart

procedure in Retrospect 6.5?

If NOT maybe Dantz would consider adding that to their next version.

Thanks,

JPS

I asked the same question on this forum two months ago and have not recieved an answer. Does anyone know exactly what Retrospect does when you click "Pause" or "Stop" during execution and then exit the program. Is the entire backup lost, so that you have to start over, or will Retrospect pick up where it left off? The possibility of loosing a 100 to 200 Gigabyte backup file that took days to create because a power failure occurs during a backup has me using Duplicate to Hard disk a lot more than I use my tape backup unit. Can someone please answer the question. What happens when a backup is interrupted?

Hi

Simply stop the backup and shut the computer down. The next normal backup will resume the backup from the point where it stopped. If you are concerned about the integrity of the backup media you can run a "verify" operation from the tools menu in Retrospect.

Thanks

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Archived