Wildcard in Path Selector

pannebaker

If I define a selector as, Windows folders path matches pattern C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data nothing is selected. To check my spelling, I've tried just C:\Documents and Settings\*\ and also tried just Application Data, and both of them work.

Retrospect Professional 6.5.350

Windows XP Pro

Hi

I'm not sure if that will work. As a work around try creating two rules and and "and" condition to join them together like this:

Path name starts with C:\Documents and Settings

and

Path name ends with \Application data

That should sort out the problem without using the wildcard.

Thanks

Nate

Thanks for taking the time to respond Nate.

I did try the "and"ing of two conditions, and that works. (Though the second condition has to be "contain" or "matches pattern", because Application Data is not the end of the path.)

But, I saw that Abe Hendin, 2/29/2004, in post named "force rescan of disc when checking selector", (http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=professional&Number=37995&Forum=,f24,&Words=wildcard&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=37995&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post37995), reports being able to use the wildcard much like I tried.

So does gakenny, 8/1/2003, in post Re: Assertion failure at "tyce.cpp-2948". So, I tried again. I found I was missing that last slash at the end of the path. Windows folders path matches pattern C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\ will work.

Where's that red faced little icon guy?

P.S. Is there a way to make a link to another post clickable?

Archived