Support

BDSolomon

I got Retrospect 6.0 with my Maxtor drive. Are we entitled to phone support, or only via this forum? And if phone support, is it for a limited time or number of incidents?

Because I've attempted to get support via this forum, eventually gave up and called. When I called (after a long delay on hold), I got the direct answer that I needed. This after getting attempts at answers here, on and off, for a while. The person on the phone was positive about the answer, and was correct. I hope that such support will be available in the future.

Brad

Well, web support is ok, but I never got a proper answer here. Granted, I had to go to level 2 support on the phone to get an answer, but I would have hoped to get the same level of support here. I'm not even clear if Dantz is committed to giving answers here or not.

My issue had to do with the recovery CD image being about 50% or more larger than the size of a disk. The answers I got here were of the order of reinstalling my drivers to get rid of foreign language support, possibly something about the size of catalog files, and that I MIGHT get help with the later version of the program.

The level 2 support person almost immediately mentioned that I needed to use the windows CDROM rather than the I386 folder on my hard drive. When I questioned about follow-up or was he sure that his answer was the complete solution, he told me that it was definitely my problem. He said that it was a known issue (effectively user error). I am relieved that I got the answer on the phone, but apparently that kind of help is not available here.

Brad

Hello Brad,

I am most certainly committed to giving you the best support possible. We never hold anything back on the forum.

In this case I made some assumptions that you had already tried these steps. That was my mistake and I will try not to make it again.

Nate @ Dantz Technical Support

Archived