Express latest build

Hello. I was perusing this forum and read a post concerning "catalog out of sync." In the thread your (Our ?) Melissa was mentioning an Express Version 5.6.132. Mine is 5.6.127. Why is it that build 132 is not listed as an update for the program? Per Melissa's post, one has to download the trial version which supposedly will be 132. That isn't very brilliant on Dantz's part. If you have an upgraded version, that should be freely and easily available. So, in order for us to have the latest version, are we to download a Trial version (complete with Dantz sending ANOTHER, and useless, license code), UNINSTALL our present version (in my case 5.6.127) and more or less start from scratch? Pardon the expression but if this is the case, it sucks! Anyway, thanks for a reply. Dave

No. You do not have to start from scratch. What you have to do is download the trial, then install it. Then before you launch the program stick your old configuration files (config55.dat and .bak) into the new Retrospect folder. Then when you launch the program it will use your old settings but it will be the new .132 version.

I am sorry there is no other way at this time to get the .132 version. In the future we may do something different.

Melissa

Archived