Error -530

kkarki

We have been using Professional 6.5 since Feb, 2004 to back up our wireless network of 3 computers. On June 7 I downloaded and installed the Driver Update 5.1. Since then I have been unable to backup the 2 computers on the network using scheduled backup, only the backup computer. I get the error -530 (backup client not found) for each of the two clients. I also downloaded & installed the Client installer 6.5.136 to make sure the client was up to date.

Today, I tried a manual backup and was able to backup one of the clients. On the other one I got the error -1102 (drive missing/unavailable). I'll do some more checking on that error since it's a new one. I still want to run a scheduled backup.

The equipment is 3 Dell identical machines running XP Home with a wireless Belkin 54G router and cards in each machine.

As I said this all worked fine until I updated to 5.1.

Thanks for your help, Ken

Hi

Check the source volumes on your clients and the volumes listed in your scripts. You might want to forget all of the clients and then log them back in again. You will have to set up your script sources again but it should sort out the trouble.

Thanks

Nate

Archived