Disaster Recovery Disk

barrypearlman

I am using Retrospect 6.5, Windows XP (all current updates & clean install), SCSI 320 drives and and backing up to an internal SATA drive.

I attempted to create a Recovery Disk using 6.5.336. The first time it told me it coulod not find a file on the Windows OS disk. I tried again and managed to create (CD-ROM) and burn the image using CD Creator 6.0. Disk would not boot.

Tried booting from a know bootable disk - it booted.

Downloaded 6.5.350 and updated. All went well until I got to the Preparation for Discovery ISO create screen. Program hung showing "waiting for media".

Completely removed Retrospect, including hacking the registry to remove any traces. Reloaded 6.5.336, then 6.5.350. Same problem with hanging at Preparation for Discovery ISO create screen.

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone run into this and if so, what is the workaround or patch?

Barry

Please feel free to contact me directly - barrypearlman@charter.net

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

If this is an Intel SATA controller make sure you have the latest drivers from thier site. The new drivers solved a lot of problems in the past.

You could also try copying the windows install disk to your hard disk and telling Retrospect to pull the files from there.

Thanks

Nate

Archived