Not Writing Any Data to DVDs Above 50

BradAndrews

I have had 6.5 running for some time now and I recently had a major problem come up.

First, I went to check it one day after it had not been running for a while (I have no idea why) and it was treated like a brand new install. After finally finding my package, I reentered the code. Then I had to dig around to find my backup file. After I finally located that, I seemed to get my backups running.

Yesterday morning, DVD #50 in the series popped out and I put in #51, but it refuses to do anything more on the DVDs, instead it just erases it (that's how they then show up on the devices screen - as erased) and asks for the next one in the series. It does claim that "all data should fit on the 1,600 G remaining," which seems rather odd.

It has ruined 4 disks so far, and I see no end in sight since it keeps asking for a new disk after trying to access the current one (I reused them after a while). It is up to #69 or so now.

Any idea what is going on? Do I have to go with a new backup after 50 disks?

The drive had worked fine for some time, and I finally figured out how to configure it again, and it passed that (while killing another DVD) with flying colors. I just updated to all the latest updates from the website tonight, but that didn't solve the problem.

The drive had worked well before that. Now I have a whole series of storage items with "0 bytes" on them.

This is getting annoying.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

What OS is this?

Please post the exact make and model of the drive as listed in the configure->devices->environment window in Retrospect.

How many disks were you able to burn after Retrospect seemed to reset itself?

Thanks

Nate

Archived