Incomplete backup: script terminated at midnight

reob11

After running a full backup on my two hard drives with my new DVD writer, I got the message: "script terminated at scheduled stop" which stopped the backup at midnight and just 2.2G from being complete. I had hoped I could just start the script again. It just looked at the files it had backed up and concluded that everything had been backed up.

Is there a way to (1) get Retrospect to complete the backup of all of the files and (2) how do I prevent the script from stopping at midnight -- was I suppose to set some option somewhere?

Thanks.

Bob

Hi

It sounds like the backup had finished and Retrospect was in the compare phase when it stopped. Otherwise it would have backed up the remaining 2.2G. I would set a wrap up time on your script. The script can then run over the specified stop time when needed.

Thanks

Nate

Thanks. When I looked at this again, I saw that I shot myself in the foot in a couple of ways. First I copied a script that terminated at midnight. The second was that I tweaked the script but wound up telling it to not copy any more files. When I corrected both mistakes, it ran like a charm. Thanks again.

reo

Archived