Reboots during backup

bobnoble

I have been using B/U Express for 6+ months and had no problem until two months ago. I start my backup just as I am leaving for the day and let it run overnight. Now, when I come in the next day, my machine has been rebooted and the backup has not completed. There is no error message in the log file, but it does show tha the backup was started. Here's the log from last night:

****************Start Log***********************

+ Retrospect Express version 5.5.158

Launched at 4/17/2002 5:30 PM

+ Retrospect Driver Update, version 2.2.104

+ Executing Immediate Backup at 4/17/2002 5:38 PM

To backup set BackupSet20020417...

- 4/17/2002 5:38:12 PM: Copying Drive C (C:)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\rn\Local Settings\Temp\Acr152.tmp": can't read, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

****************End Log***********************

The size of the resulting backup file is typically about 4GB. A complete backup would required about 14GB of disk.

I am backing up to a (NTFS formatted) network drive with 40GB of space remaining.

My machine is running Windows2000 Professional SP2.

All was fine until the beginning of March.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

While I am not convinced it is failing on 'this' .tmp file (I think that is just the last entry in the log file when it reboots)...

No, it does not always show the same .tmp file error as the last entry in the log file when this failure occurs. Looking earlier in the log where the backup was successful, this is a pretty typical log entry.

Archived