Error Code 1102

I have been using Maxtor One Touch Backup for over a year and everything worked. Recently I started getting the error message below. I'm able to see my E: external drive and it has the backups as of several days ago. However, when I push the "one touch" button, now, I get the error message below.

I've done two unusual things. I copied one file off the E: external drive to my C: drive. I downloaded and installed Kodak Easy Share picture software.

Any ideas as to how to get my "one touch" backup process working again?

Thanks for any help! Bob

Windows ME, Dell Inspiron 8100

Maxtor 5000LE External Hard Drive

+ Retrospect Express version 5.6.132

Launched at 05/25/2004 7:06 PM

+ Duplicate using Maxtor OneTouch at 05/25/2004 7:06 PM

Can't access volume Backup copy of Disk1_vol1 © on Drive E (E:), error -1102 (drive missing/unavailable)

05/25/2004 7:07:00 PM: Execution incomplete

Hi

This error means the one touch script cannot find either the source or destination volume that is specified.

To check or recreate these settings go to Automate->Manage scripts-> and edit the one touch script. You can then choose the appropriate source and destination volume as needed.

Thanks

Nate

For what it is worth:

I removed the Kodak Easy Share icon from the tray. At one point when I tried reinstalling the Retrospect software, it indicated that there was a conflict with the Kodak software. I'm not sure that this helped the situation.

I then ran Scandisk on drive E:, my external hard drive. After doing this I was able to push the "one touch" button on the Maxtor external hard drive- and it worked.

Baybog

Archived