duplicate operation error message 1127

nmungan

For many months, I have been using Retrospect Professional 6.5.319 (separately purchased) to do a nightly duplicate (replacing corresponding files), followed by a back-up operation (regular not recycle), to an external firewire Maxtor drive and it has been working fine.

Now the scheduled back-up still occurs, but when I check the history log for the duplicate operation, I get the following message. Error message "1127" is not referenced anywhere that I can find. What is going wrong? What changed? How can I fix it? (I like to have both a duplicate of my C-drive as well as the back-up set even though it may seem redundant to some, for convenience)

+ Duplicate using duplicate-mungan at 5/1/2004 12:01 AM

To volume MAXTOR (M:)...

- 5/1/2004 12:01:00 AM: Copying Drive C (C:)

Scanning incomplete, error -1127 (data error detected in file using cyclic redundancy check)

5/1/2004 12:05:01 AM: Execution stopped by operator

Hi

Be sure to run a scan disk on the internal and external drives. If that doesn't help try renaming the Retrospect preference files so that new ones are created.

The preference files are stored in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data (hidden)\Retrospect\config65.dat and config65.bak

Thanks

Nate

Archived