Retrospect 6 - Using Scripts to Backup Multiple Drives

blind26

I recently purchased an external Maxtor 120gb USB 2.0 harddrive for backup purposes, and it came with Retrospect 6.0. I have 3 partitions currently on my main harddrive ( C,F,G), and on the Maxtor drive it is one large partion (I) of 120 gb. Now, on the maxtor i made individual directories for each drive to be backed up (Example: on I: there is Backup C, Backup F, Backup G).

Now, using Retrospect i can backup every which way i want to, and quite frankly it works like a charm, but my problem is this. It will allow me to make idividual scripts for each drive to be backed up to the maxtor drive, but i cannot for the life of me find out how to encompase all three scripts into one, so all i have to do is run 1 single script, and walk away from the pc as it backs itself up. (where as now i have to run 1 script, wait till it finishes, then manually run the 2nd and 3rd.)

Is there a portion of the program that i am missing out on, or is there a certain way to write a batch file that would automatically run each script in order, and only executing them after each succession of a completed script?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

You are using the "duplicate" feature in Retrospect which only allows one source/destination pair per script. Unfortunately there is no way to run them all at once.

Your best bet is to schedule the scripts to run automatically 1 minute apart. That way when one script finishes the next one will automatically kick in.

Another alternative is to use "backup" instead of duplicate. With backup you can backup multiple volumes in a single script

Thanks

Nate

Just to verify: I considered doing the scheduling thing, leaving them right in succession, but is Retrospect savy enough to only allow one script at a time, then run the succeding one? or am i going to be faced with a serious bottlekneck when all 3 decide to jump in?

Archived