Lost Hard Drive space after backup

ARTHOPKINS

I just started with Retrospect Pro 6.5.342. I made a test backup set of my entire hard drive initially to learn how to do it. It went to c:\Retrospect in small packages of 614 MB taking about about 9 GB. I then "forgot" the Backup set and then deleted it from the files on c:\ Retrospect and then cleared it from Norton Protected Recycle Bin. Now my hard drive is 9GB bigger. I did another backup to the same file and of course my hard drive is 18 GB bigger. I did the Bootable CD and copied the backup to DVD-RW. I want to delete the second set and would like to reclaim my whole 18GB. If I temp delete Retrospect, will it "release" my 18GB. There is nothing in my recycle bin. When I defrag the disc, there is a separate 20GB block apart from the Windows files.

Retrospect does not write hidden files to the hard disk. If you have deleted the backup, but windows still shows the disk space as being used then you may need to run Scan Disk or check for other utilities which may have cached the backup data.

Archived