Lite-On SOHW-812S DVD+/-RW

My SONY DRU-500A finally up-and-died, so I purchased a pair of Lite-On SOHW-812S. So far, I've been unable to run the Custom Configure (just freezes up) using my 3.9 drivers in Retrospect 6.0. I tried with both a DVD+RW and CD-R blank media, to no avail.

Also, this device isn't yet listed as supported.

I won't buy an upgrade unless I'm sure this device is supported, ON THAT VERSION (I was pretty upset when I bought Retrospect last time only to find out I would have to buy a new version to support my drive).

What's the timeframe for support? What versions of Retrospect will support it? Is there a specific firmware revision I need?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi

It isnt currently supported. Unfortunately that also means that Dantz will not be releasing a 6.0 driver for this drive. You can try the 30 day trial of 6.5. You may have better luck with the autoconfiguration utility.

Other than than try installing ASPIINST to see if that helps.

Nate

OK, I downloaded 6.5 off the website, and I uninstalled Retrospect 6.0, so that I could try the autoconfigure on the SOHW-812S.

Please help me activate the demo. I keeps asking for a license code saying this is an upgrade, but I don't have one. What steps do I need to take to make the demo work so that I can test autoconfigure?

Thanks,

Dave

Once you ask for a demo, you receive a mail with the key.

I also upgraded to 6.5, because I want to use DVD with the 812s. It still does not work with +R and +RW in auto-configure. Only CD-RW (I use the latest ASPI and the latest firmware 0J). May be I try -RW also.

Archived