Repeated Error 1101 When Attempting to Create a Bootable Disaster Recovery CD

rossitrf

Purchased Retrospect 6.5 20 days ago and installed on my 3GHZ Pentium 4 1GB RAM Dell Precision 350 PC running Windows XP Professional and with 2 SCSI 37GB HDs

Backup device is Seagate Travan Tapestor Portable TR-4 USB Tape Drive.

Have successfully backed up and verified vols C, D, E, F , G and H.

But have tried unsuccessfully at least 10 times to create a Bootable Disaster Recovery CD and each time it fails with the same two 1101 errors with the following text:

"File operation failed, error -1101 (file/directory not found) symmpi.inf (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\temp.inf)"

What is puzzling is the folders and file indicated in error message

i.e. "\Exec\State\temp.inf"

are in fact not present on C:, only the folders C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir

However there are multiple copies of the file symmpi.inf on C: which is associated with drivers for my LSI21230-IS SCSI host adaptor.

It is apparently looking for this file.

I tried copying it to the pathway displayed in the 1101 error message but still got the message.

I initially installed Retrospect on drive E:, had the problem and then uninstalled and reinstalled on C: - but the same two 1101 errors still displayed each time I attempted to create a DR CD.

Can anyone thow some light on this problem?

Hi

Make sure you are running Retrospect 6.5.350 (the latest version) plus the latest driver update on the updates site. Do you get this same error when you try creating the image from another snapshot?

Try running a scandisk on the internal hard drive to make sure this temp file isn't being copied over a bad sector or something.

You could try trashing the entire C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect folder and then relaunching Retrospect. Your settings will be lost (not your backups) but the folder will regenerate itself after the launch.

Nate

Archived