HOWTO... kill RS6.5's launching splash panel?

churchtown

This splash panel tends to obscure extremely useful and relevant information panels like the Activity Monitor. Even M$ don't expect you to look at their OS splash screen forever and supply you with an opt-out radio button! Surely this would be facile, in the extreme, for a Retrospect programmer to include into the Retrospect desktop...? In the years I've been using RS I can't recall ever using the functionality imbued into that splash panel, not even on the very first time view!

best wishes, Robert

The Splash screen with the large red Dantz cube on the left and the blue "Retrospect" text should only display while launching the problem and should not be seen after launch. If you see it beyond the launch and it does not go away, try uninstalling and reinstalling Retrospect.

I'm not experiencing a problem with the 'splash' screen (v6.5). However, when I start Retrospect, the 'Backup Overview' screen automatically launches!

Then after selecting to do a backup, I find that the Backup Overview screen overlays the Backup status/activity screen and I have to either close the former or click on the latter so that I can see the status... Is this normal operation and can it be changed via Configuration?

• 2 weeks later...

Woah! This is one I hadn't gotten around to asking, and boy am I glad I took a few minutes this a.m. to browse... Thanks, guys.

Abe

P.S. I sure wish Retrospect had a standard Windows interface instead of this clunky multi-window approach that doesn't respect displays set to 800 x 600. Some of my clients don't have great eyesight, and Retrospect is rather difficult to use at 800 x 600.

Archived