Is the TDK indiDVD model 880N multi-format burner supported?

Pilaar39

I don't see the TDK indiDVD model 880N multi-format burner in the list of supported backup devices. Anyone know if this device is supported, and if so, with what media?

I see the 440 is supported for Windows - since the 880N is relatively new, I was wondering if any in house testing is being done, or if someone else has done some testing with it.

I currently own Retrospect 6.0 Pro, and have been using it with CDs for backup.. now that I have the DVD burner, I need to know if it will work with the 880N before I upgrade.

Many thanks!!!

Paul

Hi

The Dantz hardware guide doesn't mention this drive so it hasn't been tested yet. Dantz is pretty quiet about what devices are being tested until a driver is actually released. Basically we don't want to say anything unless we are 100% sure it will work.

Any chance you can find out what drive mechanism is in that burner?

Nate

• 2 months later...

Hey Nate,

I just bought a tdk 880N and I am having problems using it with retrospect6.5

I hooked it up via USB-2 and configured it as instructed, made a backup and got hundreds of 206 errors (read errors) when verifying.

I then hooked it up as firewire, downloaded the latest rdi from your site and reconfigured it.

Then I tried backing up all over again, same problem, verify fails with hundreds of 206 errors!

Can you tell me what the problem is?

Also, I'd feel alot better if I knew if/when this drive is going to be supported.

Thanks!

-Ron

Archived