"can't read... locked range conflct"

i posted the below earlier in R. Express, but there is little to no action there. i see some reply action here, so please excuse the double post:

I get the error -1111 message in my log on a regular basis (locked range conflict), for a QuickBooks file. I believe this is a result of the file being 'in use' or 'open', but I am not sure how to rectify the problem. This is a problem, since the financial data is definately something I would prefer to back up on schedule. I backup daily, and the QB file error occurs about 1-2 times per week, sometimes more.

Does anyone get the same error on a regular basis? Has anyone figured out a simple way to deal with it? Thanks in advance- Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

In Retrospect express the only thing you can do is make sure that file is not in use when you run the backup.

If you are running windows XP, the file is stored locally on the backup computer and your disks are formatted as NTFS you could upgrade to Retrospect 6.5 professional. That way you can backup open files.

Nate

• 1 year later...

I'm running MultiServer v6.5.350 and I can't backup the quickbooks file. I get the same error. I've tried adjusting the Disk Inactivity Threshold but it doesn't work. It doesn't even retry for the default 10 minutes of Retry Timeout, it simply gives up. Any idea on how to resolve this? Besides closing the database of course...

Archived